Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"It's Been Two Years" - Part Eight - "He Did Not Suffer Fools"



"It's Been Two Years"

Part Eight

"He Did Not Suffer Fools"



            I have been writing of my professional ...and personal... “WHY?”... of old New England antiquities and their old New England homes ...where I find... my “WHY?” by ‘feel’ and....  I gave two examples just above:  That is... I recorded by specimen example... a twosome of “WHY?”.  I am not done.  I am very demanding.  I wish to reach my hand a ‘further in’... and close it upon my peculiar fixation of objects... ‘found within’... the old New England home. 
The home... in this case an old sea captain’s mansion... slipping toward wrecking.... on the rocks... along the rocky shore of... our ‘today’ ...in old New England ...has ME scampering up upon the rocky shore ‘to see’
            It
            Wreck?
            Cast away, washed ashore and... sold... in a yard sale of
            Heirlooms scattered across that front yard
            On a summer morning:
            “Isn’t it NICE the RAIN held OFF”.


            By last Friday... noting today is Tuesday... I ‘figured’ (felt) I could stop by and so found that... Cadence was a little surly.  I was not afraid of that.  I was... actually... pleased with her ruffled feathered state.  Her range of rage was not of her and I.  She ...stopping us just within her shed door... to seat us... for our...:  It was not a visit.
            I had a purpose.
            She had a purpose.
            Mine was planned.
            Hers was surly rage... released.


            I knew I was going to be writing the next missive chapter so sought an affirmation of.... a relic... that I had... recovered from the truck load of ‘her barn’ at the end of March.  I knew what it was... I just wanted her to tell me ‘it was’ ‘that”.  I wanted
            To be sure
            But:


            Cadence ...hissed... first:  “HE did not suffer FOOLS”.
            I ...ceased my urge to ‘exchange pleasantries’.
            “My MOTHER told me that.  SHE was told that by HER Mother.  And I... do not forget what I am TOLD.”
            Then... there was a silent... pause.
            “I have told HER that:  REMIND YOU I said.  And I told her that... I... will not suffer fools either.  And WHAT did I mean by THAT she said.  OH I said:  I am not a FOOL and so CANNOT be MOVED by a fool... to LIVE in a fool’s DUNGEON.  She turned blood red and sat there.  THEN she says to me... she says:  SO THEN... I must be the one who suffers THE FOOL?  YOU... are as much of a FOOL as HE NAMED the FOOLS he would NOT SUFFER”.
            This... then... became... my seated-in-the-shed doorway... THOUGHT... that said...:  “THIS is a fight... to a death?  THIS is a... but a... sister’s ‘cat fight’?  “THIS is a... ‘nothing’?”. There I rested.  Then I said:


            “The cats”
            “NO CATS”
            “No cats.”
            “NO CATS ALLOWED”.
            “Then that is that.”
            “No... she’s CALLING the HUMANE SOCIETY... she says.  You are NOT I said.
            “I AM TOO she said.
            “Then YOU... are a FOOL.”
            With this... oral drawn and quartered... Cadence’s hazel eyes flashed at my eyes. My eyes... were fixed upon the flat plane of my own face so... escaped being... poked out.
            “I” I started to say
            “ARE NOT able to ...do anything about this... so let us let THAT FOOL rest.”  The sonic roar of her hazel eyes dropped from my face.







No comments:

Post a Comment